Received from the internet.
Author
Alvarez M.S.
Printed File Format
PDF
Alvarez M.S. - Imaginado en Papel
kQclp.jpg

"IMAGINING IN PAPER", THE BOOK OF MANUEL SIRGO

Hello friends and enemies. I know that the second and third parts of the moist lokta are still pending. I'm on it. While giving this entry to Felipe, he asked me to comment on my last book.
Talking about oneself is not usually easy, and talking about what one does, without falling into the most absolute subjectivity, is impossible. For that reason, assuming that something of passion in this report (report?) I will try to make an aseptic comment on the figures that the book contains, describing them and commenting something about them.
In photo 1 you can see the book covers. She has made Salvatella with photos that I sent her taken indoors and in a garden. I like a lot. In the photo 2 you can see the index of figures in order of difficulty. Of the whole book and of each figure you see in the photo, I will now tell you something.

First of all to say that the idea of the book starts from comments with Pere in Seville about the drawings of my models. I was eager for him to draw the ant. With that idea, which then seemed very difficult because I had not drawn a computer, I started to make diagrams until it came out. Then another model and so on.
In the introduction I make it clear that I do not intend with the book anything other than a collection of more or less complex figures that I and my friends have liked. Simply that.
Felipe Moreno writes the prologue. Of which something will comment you in this same article. Pere Olivella also has a section describing which papers he used to fold my models and gives some advice on them.

We start with the easiest. The swan swimming. It can be done in white with the beak in orange or in black with the red beak. These are not variants but the same model with different colors. If you want to tune a little, the black swan should have a little longer neck (fold it less) than white because the black swan is of all varieties of swan the longest neck. Those in the photo are folded with Sandwich.

In photo 4 you can see the Macaw easy, in its 8 variants. By means of changes of color in the head, wings and tail, eight different models can be obtained. These variants have been compiled by Juan Carlos Borrego and I in different meetings that we periodically have to fold. The 8 variants are collected in the book. They are folded in sandwich, lokta bicolor, bicolor banana and double bicolor silk.

In photo 5 we have the Dugón, in the 6 the Narval and in the 7 the sea lion. The three models emerge from the same base and with the same idea, three-dimensionality. All three are folded in damp. The Dugón is folded in Canson, the Narval in lokta bicolor and the sea lion in lokta.

In photo 8 we have the black widow. The abdomen is inflatable. It is folded in sandwich.

In the photo 9 you see its variant, the falangio. The phalangion is a very close relative of the spiders but it is not a spider proper. Almost no cephalothorax. The legs of these arachnids are very thin. I've only been able to get that thinness by folding it into hardened silk. It is the type of paper that I prepare in the video that appears in the page of Nicolas.

Picture 10 is the Sea Eagle. The photo is taken from below for stigmas and mouth to be appreciated. It is folded in lokta.

In the photo 11 you see the crocodile of the Nile, also folded in lokta. To this I pull two more teeth as I suggested Pere in Barcelona last year.

In photo 12 is the star. Cheats. It's harder to fold than it looks. It can appear on both sides, with crushed or crushed peaks as shown in the photograph. It is three-dimensional. It is folded in lokta.

In photo 13 is the black swan with legs and feathers on the neck and on the 14 the white swan, which has a color change in the legs. Both are folded in sandwich.

Picture 15 shows the Hispanic leptynia, common in our gardens. It is a stick insect, I really like these models. It is folded in hardened silk to get that thin leg.

Picture 16 is the Pharnacia. Another insect stick. It is not variant of the previous as part of a different base. It is folded in fine lokta.

In photo 17 is the leaf mantis I taught in Seville, improved in the diagrams. It is folded in double silk.

In photo 18 the ant is folded in double silk. This model is one of my favorites.

In picture 19 is folded the crab of river in double silk. It is a difficult model in its finish.

In photo 20 we have the pseudo scorpion, monocolor version and in 21 the variant bicolor and in 22 the scorpion Buthus. The monocolor pseudoscorpion is folded into fine lokta, the two-color double silk. The Buthus Scorpion in hardened silk. The Buthus and the Pandino of the first book (Papiroinsectos) differ in little. Only at the exit of the legs, they do it more easily in Buthus and in the size of the tweezers.

In photo 23 is the double silk and the cyclommatus in its variant, the red deer in double silk also.

Finally in the 25 most difficult model of the book, the flying Neptunus. It's folded in Sandwich.

Sponsored: Google Advertising

Attachments

• Alvarez M.S.-Imaginado en Papel.part1.rar
    50 MB · Views: 208
  • Alvarez M.S.-Imaginado en Papel.part2.rar
    9.2 MB · Views: 212